This publication is a response to a presentation of Persian Music to the School of Music Poets by Salar Ayoubi, Farzin Jamatlou and Shahriar Etemadi Tajbakhsh at the ACT Writers Centre on Friday, 13 July 2012. Several of the SOM Poets also attended a concert of Persian Music at the ANU Theatre on 28 July 2012.
We thank Salar Ayoubi and the musicians for this opportunity to respond to this ancient musical form.
Poems: In Response to Persian Music
The poems in this collection were published online 14 April 2014.
- The heart is no foreign country, Sandra Renew
- I will thread you a poem, Hazel SS Hall
- Persian rose garden, Fiona McIlroy
- Oud, Sandra Renew
- Tanka, Amelia Fielden
- Those mauve and distant hills, Tony Williams
- Old music in a new land, Hazel SS Hall